Preparing For Sunday, August 12th
This Sunday we will gather for worship at 10:30am at Faries’ Funeral Home in Smyrna (29 S. Main St.). This will be a family style gathering, no childcare provided. The teaching time will be abbreviated and we’ll have some resources to help kids engage with the teaching time. We’ll continue in Proverbs as we consider what it means to fear the Lord.
Read and meditate on these texts to help you prepare for Sunday.
- Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, fools despise wisdom and instruction.”
- Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the holy one is insight.”
Parents, ask your kids the following questions to help them prepare for Sunday:
- What does it mean to fear something?
- Why would it be a good thing to fear the Lord?
Here is question #2 from the New City Catechism. This will be helpful as well as we consider the fear of the Lord this Sunday.
- Q: What is God?
- A: God is the creator and sustainer of everyone and everything. He is eternal, infinite, and unchangeable in his power and perfection, goodness and glory, wisdom, justice, and truth. Nothing happens except through him and by his will.