The Worship Gathering
Why we gather for worship
For generations the church has gathered weekly to worship God together. This weekly rhythm gives us the opportunity to both remind ourselves of who we are in Christ, and to be sent out, better equipped for God’s mission. Therefore we don’t gather to be entertained or to simply practice empty religious rituals. Instead it’s an opportunity for us to engage with God together and to remember the gospel story.
What To Expect
The worship gathering begins with a period (30 minutes or so) of singing, prayers, and scripture readings. There is an intentional remembrance of the gospel story during this time. We begin with a call to worship God, He is the one that is worthy of all our praise.
We then acknowledge and confess our sins together, recognizing that we have fallen short of his righteousness. Then we remember the cross, and have assurance of redemption by remembering what Jesus has done for us.
At this point we typically take a brief break to welcome and greet one another. Christ has given us peace, therefore we are at peace with one another. During this time, the kids are dismissed for kid’s church.
Next, we come together to listen to the sermon. We are typically studying our way through a book of the Bible. During this time we’re asking God to not only give us understanding, but also to help us apply what we’re learning that we may be transformed by the truth. Sermons typically last about 45 minutes.
As we move toward the end of our gathering, we remember that Jesus sends us on mission. Sometimes we take the Lord’s Supper together, others times we simply sing a song or spend time in prayer to help us remember and prepare to go and apply the truth. Our gatherings always end with a blessing from Scripture to send us out to live for God’s glory.
If you’re new here…
Here are some things you might want to know.
- Kid’s church is for ages 3-9. They are dismissed prior to the sermon and you can go pick up your child at the conclusion of the gathering. Nursery is available as well for ages 0-3.
- The environment is informal, and most people dress casually.
- The worship gathering begins at 10:30 and typically ends by 12:15 (at the latest).
- There’s a welcome table in the lobby where you can go and talk to someone if you have questions or would like more information. There’s a free book for you there too!
- Don’t forget about Sunday School! There are classes for kids, teens, and adults that begin each Sunday at 9:30am.
During each service at Trinity we provide a clean, safe, and loving environment for our smallest children.
Trinity Kids' Church (Ages 4-9)
Sunday School Classes (Ages 3-18)
Trinity Kids classes are specially designed for kids to sing, learn, and interact with Biblical truth. We offer several different classes to ensure that kids are learning and building friendships with other children their age.